2023 CAMP SCHEDULE
CAMP#1: March 12, 2023 (9am - 2pm)
CAMP#2: October 15, 2023 (9am - 2pm)
2023 CAMP GUIDE
THE GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
- Increase female participation in tennis in Alberta and across Canada
- Create a positive social environment that fosters a sense of belonging for female players & coaches
- Support and develop female coaches through ATC Female Coach Mentorship Program
- Establish a larger and healthier pipeline of participants, coaches, skilled leaders, and volunteers
- Provide a fun learning environment where female participants can enjoy the game of tennis
- Retain female players beyond adolescence
- Develop more female players through the ATC Player Development Pathway
WHO SHOULD JOIN THIS PROGRAM?
Targeted Audience: Girls aged 8-16 Years at all levels
Off-court: Fitness, yoga, leadership skills development, round-table discussion
DO YOU KNOW...?
1 in 3 girls drop out of sport by late teens
1 in 10 boys drop out of sport by late teens
62% of girls do not play sports at all
1 in 10 due to cultural and religious reasons
1 in 5 due to bullying and safety concerns
1 in 3 girls report low confidence, negative body image,
perceived lack of skill, poor perceptions of not belonging, and feeling unwelcome...
Female Wheelchair Tennis Participation is only 21% of all players