MEMO: Club Update
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Members & Program Participants
In preparation of our full facility resumption tomorrow, I thought I would share with you some of our summer plans:
FACILITY ACCESS AND SCREENING: IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
The health and safety of our staff and patrons is critical to our successful relaunch strategy. As per the Alberta Health regulations, all of our staff and patrons are subject to Wellness Screening Protocols. This include:
Arriving at the Alberta Tennis Centre:
- Upon arrival at the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre, you are asked to immediately hand-sanitize
- You are required to complete the wellness screening protocol at the Front Desk before entering the facility. Please complete the form (including your name, date and time of arrival). This is critical for contact tracing.
- If you answer yes to any of the symptoms described on the form (Appendix A – Wellness Screening) YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER THE FACILITY OR PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAMMING. You are required to leave the facility immediately and not permitted to return until you are medically cleared by a doctor.
- Prior to walking on-court, we are asking each of you to hand sanitize or wash your hands. We ask that you repeat this process prior to leaving the facility (conclusion of your match/practice).
- We are asking that you leave the facility immediately after your booking or program.
Use of Locker Room / Washroom Facilities:
- Please arrive dressed and ready to go. If you have to change clothing, we ask that you maintain physical distancing protocols (2 metres). If someone is using the changing area, please wait until they are finished before entering this area.
- No shower facilities are permitted at this time.
- Washroom facilities are allowed, we ask that you wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and hand sanitize if soap is not available.
Park & Play (Parent Drop-off):
- Please arrive as close to your scheduled time as possible (5-10 minutes max).
- You must follow the wellness screening protocols when you arrive.
- Please wait outside the court until your program begins (you must maintain physical distancing at all times)
- Parents are not permitted to watch your child’s program at this time. You are permitted to wait upstairs (arrive 5 minutes before the end of class) to collect your son or daughter. Do not wait outside in the hall to pick up your child.
- Any parent waiting for their child upstairs must maintain physical distancing (2 metres) at all times.
Other Club Areas
- A maximum of 4 members can use the fitness centre at any given time, provided they maintain 2 metres of physical distance. You are permitted to book the fitness centre (60 minutes) through our online member platform.
- The food service area is closed for the time being, vending machines are available for drink purchases.
COURT RESERVATIONS & RULES:
With the resumption of full facility access, we will reinstate our pre-covid19 court booking rules for indoor/outdoor play. The rules are as follows:
|BOOKING WINDOWS||SINGLES PLAY||DOUBLES PLAY|
|MEMBERS||7 days in advance||Book up to 90 minutes||Book up to 120 minutes|
|NON-MEMBERS||2 days in advance||Book up to 60 minutes||Book up to 90 minutes|
SUMMER COURT RATES
When we resume indoor operations tomorrow, our new indoor summer court rates will be in effect until August 31st. The summer indoor court rates are as follows:
|MEMBER RATE||INDOOR SUMMER COURT RATES|
(valid until August 31st, 2020)
|INDOOR WINTER COURT RATES|
(beginning September 1, 2020)
NON-PRIME TIME – court fee
|$20.00 per hour||$24.00 per hour|
PRIME TIME – court fee
|$26.00 per hour||$30.00 per hour|
NOTE: Indoor non-member rates are: Court Rate + $15.00 guest fee. Outdoor non-member rates are $15.00 + GST (per hour). Member Outdoor rates are $0.00 per hour (included in the price of membership)
SUMMER PLAY PASS
Our Summer Play Pass is back from June 12th to August 31st inclusive. The summer play pass rates are:
NOTE: All prices subject to GST. Summer play pass is only available for current and active members.
- The Summer play pass is a flat-rate fee which includes unlimited play indoors/outdoors from June 12 to August 31st, 2020 inclusive. OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre booking rules apply.
- Summer Play Pass can be purchased by contacting the Member Services Desk (587) 393 1600 or online at: www.albertatenniscentre.ca
Our 2020 Summer Membership includes membership fees and court fees (includes the summer play pass). The membership is valid from June 12th – August 31st inclusive.
NOTE: All prices subject to GST.
Our summer membership includes:
- 2 ½ months of Membership and court fees (unlimited play)
- 7-day advanced booking privileges
- Member rates on programs and lessons
- Facility access to locker rooms and fitness centre included
SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS
Sports Camps Canada has informed us today that the Nike Summer Tennis Camps are cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While it is safe to operate camps in Calgary, they have decided to not run their camps in Canada and the USA at this time. Anyone registered for a Nike Tennis Camp at the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre will still have their camp on the week enrolled. All registrations will be moved over to the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre and delivered by our tennis staff. The camps simply won’t be run under the NIKE TENNIS CAMP banner in 2020.
We are pleased to offer Summer Tennis Camps at the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre this summer. Our Summer Tennis Camps information will be made available starting on Monday, June 15th. Camp Information will be made available on our website and social media channels. We will offer a wide range of camp options for all ages and abilities.
If you have any questions regarding our camps please contact our Member Services Desk at (587) 393 1600 for more information.
SUMMER ADULT & JUNIOR TENNIS PROGRAMMING
We will be releasing information regarding our summer adult and junior tennis programs on Monday, June 15, 2020. We will run a limited number of adult and junior recreational programs through the months of July & August. Each adult and junior program session over the summer will be 4 weeks.
Information and Registration will open on June 15th through our Alberta Tennis Centre website.
FALL / WINTER ADULT & JUNIOR TENNIS PROGRAMMING
Our fall/winter adult and junior programs are now available for registration. For more information on our fall/winter adult and junior programs visit our website www.albertatenniscentre.ca
Spaces are limited, so please register for your desired program before they are filled.
Our program guides are now available:
- 2020 – 2021 Adult Program Guide
- 2020 – 2021 Junior Fundamentals Program Guide
- 2020 – 2021 Junior Competitive & High-Performance Program Guide
If you have any questions regarding any of our programs, contact our Tennis Director Nick Coutts via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or our Member Services Desk (587) 393 1600 or by email at: email@example.com
If your son or daughter is interested in joining our Junior Competitive and High-Performance Streams, please contact:
- Adam Bond, Head Tennis Professional & Head of U12 Performance via-email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goran Zovko, Head of High Performance 13+ via email: email@example.com
- Diana Jacobs, Head of Junior Development (Competitive & Next Gen Program) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RETURN TO PLAY - SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
We are pleased to offer the following return to play special promotions:
- 15% discount off stringing and any in-stock clothing or shoe items discount (valid from June 15th – August 31st)
- Any members who register for an adult summer session (July & August) lesson program will receive a 10% discount. Our Member Services Manager Sila Huang will email our membership a promo code.
JUNIOR RECREATIONAL SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS:
- Multi-week discount: Register for 2 weeks or more of Alberta Tennis Centre summer camps and receive a 10% discount off the 2nd and each additional week.
- Family discount: Families with two or more children registered in the same week of summer tennis camp will receive a 5% discount (each) off the cost of a summer tennis camp.
NOTE: We are asking that you contact Sila Huang email@example.com if you are planning to register for more than 2 weeks of junior summer tennis camps or have two or more children participating in our camps. Sila, will apply the necessary discounts to ensure accuracy with your child’s enrolment.
We are pleased to welcome back the following tennis professionals:
- Ralph Dean, Tennis Professional
- Lena Tsybouk, Tennis Professional
- Roberto Vicentini, Tennis Professional
Ralph, Lena and Roberto are joined by Nick Coutts, Adam Bond, Goran Zovko, Diana Jacobs and Suzana Cavalcante who have returned previously. All of our tennis professionals are available for private lessons and will be involved in our summer camps, group lessons and programs.
You may contact the pros directly if you wish to book any private, semi-private, Group of 3 or Group of 4 instruction.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
Tel: (587) 393 1604