MEMO: CLUB UPDATE
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Members, Program Participants and Staff
DATE: May 26, 2021
Dear Member, Program Participant and Staff Member,
Today the Government of Alberta announced its Open for Summer Reopening Plan and subsequent easing of restrictions placed on businesses during the 3rd wave of the pandemic. The easing of restrictions will commence on June 1st. Details on today’s announcement can be found here.
3 – STEP OPEN FOR SUMMER PLAN
Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan provides a three-stage plan to lift health restrictions and safely getting back to normal.
- Stage 1: Two weeks after 50 per cent of Albertans age 12-plus have received at least one dose of vaccine and COVID-19 hospitalizations are below 800 and declining.
- Stage 2: Two weeks after 60 per cent of Albertans age 12-plus have received at least one dose of vaccine and COVID-19 hospitalizations are below 500 and declining.
- Stage 3: Two weeks after 70 per cent of Albertans age 12-plus have received at least one dose of vaccine.
Effective June 1st, the following tennis activities will be permitted as part of Stage 1: OUTDOORS ONLY
- Singles and Doubles play will be permitted with members of any household.
- Private, semi-private, Group of 3 and Group of 4 instruction will be permitted.
- Group activities will resume as previously scheduled for adult and junior players with up to 10 players.
- Use of ball machine, serve practice are permitted.
Effective Mid-June tennis activities anticipated to be permitted will include as part of Stage 2: INDOOR/OUTDOORS
- Gyms and indoor fitness open for solo and drop-in activities with 3-metre distancing between participants, fitness classes may resume with 3-metre distancing.
- Indoor and outdoor youth and adult sports resume with no restrictions.
- Youth activities (day camps, play centres) may resume with restrictions.
Effective Early-July tennis activities anticipated to be permitted will include as part of Stage 3:
- All remaining public health restrictions lifted.
- No restrictions on indoor social gatherings.
- Isolation requirements for those with COVID-19 and measures in continuing care settings are still in place.
- Physical Distancing and wellness screening requirements will continue to remain in effect at this time.
- Information on Stage 2 and 3 will be confirmed sometime before Mid-June.
- As part of Stage 1’s reopening – no indoor tennis will be permitted at this time. Indoor tennis will begin in stage 2 of the reopening plan (mid-June).
Our OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre (ATC) staff will be contacting all our program participants in advance of June 1st with more details as required.
All ATC members will have their membership extended by one month to reflect the restrictions introduced between May 10th and May 31st. The membership extension will be automatically applied by our Member Services Team.
SUMMER HOURS OF OPERATION: Effective June 1st, 2021
Our summer hours of operation will be 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday to Sunday. These hours of operation will begin June 1st and continue until August 31st.
Today’s announcement signals what we hope will be the end of the pandemic. The resiliency and patience shown by our members and program participants over the past 15 months are greatly appreciated by us all. The end is insight, and we want to thank everyone for their continued support and words of encouragement.
If there is anything we can do for you during this time, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
Tel: (587) 393 1604