Dear Member & Program Participant,
On Saturday February 26, 2022, the Government of Alberta updated their Public Health measures (Step 2), moving the province to Step 2 of their reopening plan. As part of their announcement, the province will remove the following public health guidelines beginning tomorrow March 1st. At that time, the following measures will be updated:
- Any remaining school requirements removed (for example: Kindergarten to grade 6 cohorting).
- Youth screening activities for entertainment and sport activities removed.
- Capacity on all large venues and entertainment venues lifted.
- Indoor and outdoor social gathering limits lifted.
- Mandatory work-from-home requirements lifted.
- Provincial mask mandate will be lifted except in high-risk settings, including on public transit, at AHS-operated and contracted facilities, and all continuing care settings.
While the masking mandate will no longer be in effect, we recommend that our staff, members, and program participants continue to wear masks if they so choose.
We want to take this opportunity to thank our members, program participants and staff for their continued support and patience throughout the pandemic. We hope Saturday’s announcement from the provincial government moves us closer to an endemic situation.
The OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre will be hosting the following events in the coming months:
· Tennis Alberta U12 Provincial Championships – March 4 to 6, 2022
· Canadian U14 Junior Nationals – April 3 to 9, 2022
· YONEX ITF Calgary Senior Event – May 20 to 23, 2022 (ITF Senior International Event)
· YONEX ITF Calgary Junior Event – June 18 to 25, 2022
NOTE: there will be a limited number of courts made available for booking while these events are being held. Any available courts will be released closer and during the event.
Our construction is moving forward. We recently received approval from the City of Calgary for our Development Permit Application. We are in the process of applying for our Building Permit Application, which should be completed this week. Our intention is to begin construction in April/May and we are hopeful that the project will be completed by August.
The Alberta Tennis Centre launched a capital campaign in November 2021 with a goal of raising $3 million dollars to construct Phase 1 & 2 of their vision for the future.
Donations of any kind are eligible to receive a charitable tax receipt provided that the donation is made through the online portal and/or a donation form is completed. Donations under $1,000 can be made online via the Parks Foundation of Calgary website (see here). Donations above $1,000 must include a completed donation form and can only be paid by cheque made payable to the Parks Foundation of Calgary. When completing the Parks Foundation Donation Form please select (other, please specify) and write OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Expansion. Once the form is complete, please send all your completed paperwork to Danny along with a cheque for processing.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre