We are proud to announce Nick Coutts as our new Tennis Director, beginning this fall.
Nick has spent the past 7 years as the Director of High Performance for the North Vancouver Tennis Centre. He has built one of the best junior development programs in Western Canada and has worked alongside Wayne Elderton who is one of Canada’s top tennis professionals. Nick is one of the best tennis coaches/leaders in Canada. A well rounded coach, Nick is involved in all aspects of the North Van Tennis Centre, including running programs for adults & junior players. North Vancouver Tennis Centre is regarded as one of the best programmed tennis facilities in Canada.
Nick is a very talented young man, he has great energy on court, he is very personable and hard-working. I am sure you will really enjoy him when he begins this fall. Here is a brief bio:
Nick Coutts, Vancouver BC
- Tennis Canada Coach 3, Club Pro 2, Wheelchair Instructor Certification
- Tennis Canada Course Facilitator (instructor and Coach 2 certification programs)
- Tennis BC High Performance Coach of the Year 2012, 2013, 2018
- 2013 Winner of Gary Caron Scholarship (given to a Canada’s top coach Under 30) – who has the potential to reach the highest coaching echelon
- Tennis Canada (national coach) mentoring program (2011 – 2014)
- Former Tennis Canada National Training Centre Coach (NJTP BC Program)
- Former Tennis Canada Touring Coach
- Led Tennis BC to a Silver Medal at 2017 Canada Summer Games
- Former Top 8 singles player & Top 2 doubles player in Canada (Junior)
- One of the Top Open players in Canada
- Full Scholarship at the University of Utah
- Participated in the NCAA doubles championship in 2004 – 2006
- ATP Tour Ranking in doubles (#1300)
- 2018, Canadian Western Champion Over 35 singles
Nick will begin working officially for the ATC on September 17th. Please see the official press release HERE.