MEMO: GOVERNMENT OF ALBERTA ANNOUNCES FURTHER RESTRICTIONS IMPACTING TENNIS FACILITY OPERATORS EFFECTIVE May 10th, 2021 (Minimum 3 weeks)
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Members, Program Participants and Staff
DATE: May 4, 2021
Dear Member, Program Participant and Staff Member,
Today the Government of Alberta announced further restrictions impacting the operation of tennis facilities in the province beginning Monday, May 10th, 2021. Details can be found here.
The Government of Alberta announced the following:
Mandatory additional restrictions for hot spot regions – Effective at 11:59 pm on May 9, 2021
- All indoor sport, performance and recreation activities for youth and adults are prohibited.
- Indoor fitness and recreation facilities must close, including for 1-on-1 training.
- All outdoor sports and recreation activities are prohibited, except with members of your household, or your two close contacts if you live alone. This includes:
- all group physical activities, such as team sports, fitness classes, training sessions
- all one-on-one lessons and training activities
- all practices, training and games
- Outdoor recreation facilities can remain open unless specifically closed by public health order.
EFFECTIVE MAY 10th, 2021 for 3 weeks:
The OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre will operate under reduced hours of operation. Starting on Monday, May 10th, 2021, our new temporary hours will be Monday to Sunday (9:00 am to 6:00 pm).
WHAT THIS MEANS GOING FORWARD – Starting May 10th, 2021 for a 3-week period (ending May 24th)
- Only same household outdoor bookings will be permitted or your two close contacts if you live alone.
- All Junior and Adult Programs will be cancelled for the next 3-weeks.
- No 1-on-1 private lessons are permitted.
NOTE: All programs affected by today’s announcement will be credited.
All regularly scheduled programs, court bookings and lessons held between May 4th and 9th (end of business day) will continue as scheduled outdoors, weather permitting.
We will seek further clarification from Government officials on whether any exceptions related to tennis can be made. It is our intention to update our membership in the next 24 to 48 hours. Please check our website and social media channels for regular updates.
We want to reassure our members and program participants that we will take the necessary steps to ensure our organization is ready to resume our operations once the Government lifts the closure order.
We kindly request that our members continue to remain patient during this time. We understand that some may become frustrated by these new restrictions, however, this remains out of our control. For the past 14 months we have worked with the Government to reopen safe tennis and we will continue to do so. We value your business and continued support.
During this interruption we will post regular updates to our members and program participants through various sources including our email database, website and social media channels.
You can follow us on our social media channels for updates:
- Twitter: @abtenniscentre
- Instagram: @albertatenniscentre
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/albertatenniscentre
Thank you for your continued patience. I wish you and your family good health.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
Tel: (587) 393 1604