FROM: Danny Da Costa, CEO
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Members & Program Participants
We have spent the past week engaged in a number of stakeholder conversations advocating for the reopening of tennis across the Province. These conversations include discussions with the Minister of Health, constituency offices, Alberta Health Ministry (Deputy Chief Medical Officer) and the City of Calgary. While progress has been made, there continues to be a lack of transparency on the dissemination of information coming from the Province down to the City.
This past Friday, the Province of Alberta released further communication and guidance on organized outdoor sport, which can be found on the Alberta BizConnect website. Based on the information contained in the document, we have decided to resume our Junior High-Performance group training sessions on Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020. Our coaching staff will be in contact with you regarding your son or daughter’s training schedule.
We will ensure your child’s safety by:
1. Ensuring that all training sessions are organized by a responsible person, above the age of 18 years of age.
2. Training Sessions will be ‘practice activities only’ at this time to ensure we meet public health guidance.
3. All public health orders will be maintained, specifically:
a. Maintaining 2 meters distance at all times
b. Hand Sanitization before, after and during practice
c. Wellness Screening Protocols
d. No washroom facility access at this time to safeguard our personnel and participants
e. No gatherings or spectating, parents are asked to remain in their car or to drop-off and pick up your children (curbside) as we must maintain gathering limits to 50 people in one single location
4. Our staff will mark “safe areas” and “dead zone areas” for your children while on court. This will be explained on court by our trained tennis professionals at the start of each drill/practice.
5. All players must be screened by our coaching staff prior to participating in our training sessions
6. Your children are responsible for their own hand sanitizer, water, mask and gloves
At this time, we will continue to allow singles play and doubles play if all the members are of the same household and all public health directives are in place. We are trying to get further clarification with the City and Province regarding the resumption of doubles play and indoor tennis/facility access. We will provide another update as information allows.
The safety of your members, program participants, guests and staff are paramount, and we will do our absolute best to ensure your safety. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
Tel: (587) 393 1604