We are excited to announce that we are reopening the outdoor courts this Friday, May 8th, at 9 am!
TO: All Alberta Tennis Centre Members and Program Participants
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
DATE: May 5, 2020
Dear Member & Program Participant,
We hope you are doing well and staying safe!
I am pleased to announce that the Province of Alberta and City of Calgary will allow us to immediately open our outdoor courts. We will officially accept court reservations starting on Friday, May 8th, 2020. We will operate under new hours of operation:
· Monday to Friday (9:00 am – 9:00 pm)
· Saturday & Sunday (9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
Initially, court bookings will be limited to 60 minutes per reservation. This is necessary to allow court access to a greater percentage of our membership. Our membership will be permitted to book courts 7 days in advance. For the time being, we will also restrict non-member bookings to 60 minutes but will only allow 24-hour booking privileges.
There are very strict regulations imposed on us by Alberta Health Services and CEMA that we must adhere to and I urge our members to fully comply with the provisions provided to us. These include:
1. We are only permitted to play ‘singles tennis’– no more than 2 players per court; there will be no doubles play for the foreseeable future (no exceptions).
2. We are also only permitted to provide private instruction at this time. If you are interested in setting up a private lesson contact Nick Coutts, Tennis Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. There will be no more than 15 people in our facility at any given time (10 players total on all courts) + staff members.
4. Players must adhere to social distancing protocols such as keeping 2 meters apart at all times and wellness checks.
5. There will be no spectating at all at this time, if you wish to watch your child, you must remain inside your vehicle or in the greenspace (fields) and maintain 2 meters.
6. We will operate as a PARK & PLAY facility until we have guidance from the city/province.
7. There is no inside facility access until AHS permits our facility to open inside services. This closure includes:
a. Locker rooms
c. Reception area
d. Gym Facilities
e. Food Service Area
NOTE: Please come onsite as close to your booking time as possible. Remember to use the bathroom and change before arriving onsite as you will not have access to the facilities at this time.
8. Players must supply their own balls (players will not be permitted to touch opponent’s balls). Our suggestion is to bring two cans of balls per court (using either a different number, brand or mark your balls with a marker). Tennis Balls are available for purchase.
9. Players must sanitize prior to going on-court and sanitize when finished as well. We suggest you bring your own hand sanitizer given the limited supply onsite.
10. Players are encouraged to wear a face-covering (mask, face shield or goggles) and gloves for their own safety.
11. Players must complete a wellness screening (see attached). If you have any symptoms you will not be permitted to attend our facility until your symptoms subside and have clearance from AHS or a physician.
12. You must pay in advance for your court fees and any services by credit card/member charge by using your online account. If you have not already done so, you are required to have a valid credit card on file through your Jegysoft member/participant account.
Our staff will be onsite to monitor behaviour and to conduct member screening. While this message paints a new reality for us all, I want to remind you that we are in the early stages of the Government’s relaunch plan and, at any time, AHS can revoke our status.
We will have more information in the next few days about the resumption of programs. In the meantime, I want to thank you for your unwavering support during this difficult time. We are grateful for your continued support and glad that tennis will be one of the first sports permitted in Phase 1 of the Government of Alberta’s reopening plan.
Alberta is one of the first Provinces in Canada to allow tennis to be played. I know this has been difficult, but I want to reassure you that we have done everything possible to get our facility and other tennis facilities opened in Alberta.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of our staff members directly. We will be recalling some of our staff members back to work and hope to have a full staff complement as the situation improves.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
Tel: (587) 393 1604
The OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre will operate under new revised operational hours for the summer period. Our new summer club hours will be:
· Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
· Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
NOTE: Management will review hours of operation on a regular basis and may increase hours of operation based on utilization and demand. The club reserves the right to close the facility after the last court reservation is made. A decision to remain open will be made each day at the following times:
· Monday – Friday: 7:00 pm
· Saturday – Sunday: 3:00 pm
SUMMER COURT RATES:
If and when we are permitted to play indoors, the summer court rates will apply from the first day of re-opening until August 31st. The summer court rates will be:
· Prime Time: $24.00
· Non-Prime Time: $20.00
· Non-Member Outdoor Court Fee: $15.00 + GST
· Member Outdoor Court Fee: $0.00
SUMMER PLAY PASS:
We will be offering our Summer Play Pass for the summer season (June 15th – August 31st) inclusive. The rates are:
· $150 adult
· $100 Junior
· $120 Senior
· $250 Couple
NOTE: The summer play pass will only be sold if indoor court rentals are permitted.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION DETAILS:
We will be accepting program registrations without payment, beginning May 8th, 2020. Once the facility reopens you will have 14 days to make full payment for your adult and junior program. If payment is not made at that time, you will forfeit your program spot. Our staff will be following up with all program registrants during the 14-day period.
Our registration period will work as follows:
· 1st Priority: Registration opens for any member, current program participant and/or member affected by our facility closure (winter 2020 session, spring 2020 sessions) on: May 8th, 2020
· 2nd Priority: Registration opens for all new program participants and applicants on: May 15th, 2020
PROGRAM RATES & PAYMENT PLANS:
Program rates will remain for the 2020 – 2021 Fall / Winter Junior and Adult Programs.
Junior HP Program
· 5 installments throughout the 2020 – 2021 (September – June program)
· 10% discount if program fees are paid in full
See the Facility Reopening Plan here to know more about our planning.