RULE CHANGES – Effective December 1st, 2020
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
The OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre has made modifications to our facility rules and regulations to minimize court pressure. As well, Management has reviewed its general operating practices to reduce court pressure and find a fair and equitable way to optimize member play during our peak indoor tennis season. These changes will should help improve court pressure at the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre.
We are committed to ensuring that our members can suitably avail of playing time through our club programs, lessons and regular play opportunities. Given the high demand for court time, the popularity of tennis during the pandemic, and the success of our Tennis Centre, it may not be possible to get your desired court time each week. We are trying to balance the needs of the members, staff, club and the public at this time, while doing its best to ensure public safety during the COVID-10 pandemic.
COURT BOOKING TIPS
All available court time is opened for booking to our members 7-days in advance, beginning at 7:00 am MT. To optimize your booking time, members are encouraged to do the following:
1. Book courts online or by telephone as close to 7:00 am (7-days in advance). To increase your chances of booking a court, we recommend that our members book courts online rather than attempting to call-in.
2. Check court booking sheets throughout the week, on occasions courts become available.
3. Take advantage of club registration windows to join programs. These programs guarantee weekly court time.
4. Remain flexible with your playing time. One of the advantages of 7-day booking is we provide more opportunities for our members to plan their week.
NEW HOURS OF OPERATION – Effective December 1st, 2020
Effective December 1st, 2020, the new hours of operation for the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre will be:
· Monday to Friday: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (56 additional court hours per week)
· Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (32 additional court hours per week)
NOTE: The increase in hours of operation will make an additional 88 court hours per week available to our membership.
RESTRICTIONS ON NON-MEMBER ACCESS & PUBLIC PLAY
In an effort to maximize opportunities for playing opportunities for our club members the following restrictions and amendments have been made on non-member access and public play.
Effective November 1st, 2020
Effective December 1st, 2020
· A non-member may only book courts with 24-hour notice
· A non-member may only take a private lesson with a certified ATC coach with 24-hour notice.
· A non-member may only play up to 60 minutes (singles) and 90 minutes (doubles)
NOTE: All non-member bookings must reserve a court by phone or in-person only. At the time of reservation, the non-member must provide a valid credit card or make payment to secure their booking. A non-member will not be permitted to book a court without pre-payment.
CHANGES TO COURT BOOKING PROCEDURES, RULES & REGULATIONS – Effective Dec 1st,
Our Member & Guest Policies and Procedures will be enforced by our Member Service Staff to ensure our membership have suitable opportunities to play tennis. Please refer to the Alberta Tennis Centre Member & Guest Policies and Procedures Manual (revised November 2020) – 6th Edition.
1. While a member is permitted to make multiple court bookings within the 7-day booking window, moving forward a member may only book and play on 1 court per day (singles or doubles).
NOTE: This rule only applies to court bookings. A member may participate in club programs, leagues or lessons on the same day as their court bookings.
2. At the time of booking, a member may only book a court with 2 names (singles) or 4 names (doubles).
NOTE: A member may not book a court with a single name, under no circumstances. The club will reserve the right to cancel a member’s court booking to prevent a member from holding courts.
3. Going forward, a member may only book a singles court in increments of (30 or 60 minutes) and doubles in increments of (30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes). The maximum allowable booking for singles will be 1-hour (60 minutes) and the maximum allowable doubles booking will be 2-hours (120 minutes).
4. The following new changes will be made to court reservations during the first two and last two hours of operation to ensure the Alberta Tennis Centre can maximize court bookings and limit unusable court times:
· Any court reservation from 7:00 am – 9:00 am Monday to Sunday must be made on the hour
· Any court reservation from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Monday to Sunday must be made on the hour
NOTE: These changes will ensure proper court booking flow and ensure fewer gaps in our daily court booking sheet
5. Only bon-a-fide court bookings are permitted. At the time of booking a member must make a court reservation with two names (singles) and four names (doubles). If a court booking is made without correct names, the club will notify the member(s) of the infraction. A member will be allotted up to a maximum of 24 hours to remedy the reservation, otherwise,their court reservation will be cancelled by the club.
NOTE: Any chronic court abusers will have their online booking privileges revoked and/or membership cancelled. Also, correct names must appear on the court booking sheet for contact tracing as per City of Calgary and AHS guidelines.
6. In order to dissuade any ‘speculative bookings’ or players ‘holding courts’, the club will change the court cancellation policy from 24 hours to 48 hours. If a change or cancellation is made within 48 hours of the booking, the member and any guests will be charged the full-court fee.
NOTE: The 48-hour cancellation policy is in effect to prevent any ‘speculative bookings’ and last-minute changes. This rule is aimed to ensure our membership has adequate time to book any available courts.
7. Any court reservations must include pre-payment of any court/service fee with 48-hours of the reservation is.
NOTE: Payment is made 48 hours prior to the reservation through our online payment gateway. Any modifications to court time are permitted, before the 48-hour cancellation policy.
8. Management/Staff will audit the court booking sheets on a regular basis to ensure proper and normal booking practices are taking place. Management/Staff will notify members of any infractions.
9. Club membership will continue to be ‘capped’ for the indoor tennis season. The earliest membership may resume will be spring 2021 (May 1st).
10. We are asking our members wishing to book the ball machine to consider booking the court/ball machine in pairs or in ½ hour increments to allow more member court time.
11. Private Lessons will be prioritized to members at this time. All non-members wishing to avail of our coaches for private lessons will do so with 24 hours advanced notice only.
SPECIAL BOOKINGS / PROGRAMS & EVENTS
For the time being any special booking requests (events) will be reviewed by management on a case-by-case basis. To ensure suitable playing opportunities for our membership. No new booking requests will be allowed at this time. Any existing bookings may be modified at the discretion of management to optimize court utilization.
The OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre is a “centre for all”. Our mandate has been and will always be to offer programming and court time for members and non-members. At this time, we are prioritizing member time due to court pressure and the COVID-19 pandemic. We will allow more non-member access and consider further relaxation of our club rules once we are able to expand our facility. These rule changes are measures to alleviate some of our court pressure in the short-term, while minimizing the risk of transmission of COVID during the pandemic. Our tennis centre staff and management are continually reviewing our rules and regulations to ensure suitable playing opportunities.
We thank you for your patience and for your continued support of our facility.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centr