MEMO CITY OF CALGARY FACE MASK BYLAW (Effective August 1, 2020) FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: Members & Program Participants
Dear Members & Program Participants,
On July 21, City Council voted to pass the Temporary Face Coverings Bylaw, mandating that face coverings be worn in all indoor public spaces and in public vehicles. The new bylaw comes into effect on August 1, 2020.
The City of Calgary has compiled information to support businesses operators and answers to the most common questions.
Effective August 1st, 2020, all patrons and staff members are required to wear a face-covering upon entry into the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre. The face-covering is required in all areas with the exception of the court areas during play/instruction.
In addition to the Face Covering Bylaw, all public health guidelines remain in effect including, but not limited, to:
· Physical Distancing (maintaining 2 metres distance at all times)
· Wellness Checks / Screening (upon entry)
· Hand Sanitization upon entry, and before / after play
· Face-Covering (in all common areas) is required effective August 1st
Our building currently has a 50-person capacity (indoor) that is mandated by the Provincial/Municipal Governments. As such, parents are not permitted to watch their children play at this time. Parents are kindly asked to drop off and pick up their children only.
Businesses are not expected to deny services as not everyone is required to wear a face covering. Exceptions to the face coverings bylaw include:
· Children under 2 years of age
· People with underlying medical conditions or disabilities inhibiting their ability to wear a face-covering
· People who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance
· People who are eating or drinking at a public premise that offers food or beverage services
· People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
· People who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person's disability
· People who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist)
To learn more about the Face-Covering bylaw, how it will work and what the exemptions are please visit this City of Calgary website https://www.calgary.ca/csps/cema/covid19/safety/covid-19-city-of-calgary-mask-bylaw.html .
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
Tel: (587) 393 1604