MEMO: To all OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Staff, Members & Clients
RE: TEMPORARY FACILITY CLOSURE – City of Calgary State-of-Emergency
EFFECTIVE MARCH 16th, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
Dear Team Member, Member or Participant,
This is a very difficult time in Alberta with the rapid spread of COVID-19 in our City and Province. With our Board of Directors, we have carefully monitored the COVID-19 situation over the past few days. We have also held discussions with key stakeholders and monitored Alberta Health and Health Canada advisories.
The City of Calgary has declared a state-of-emergency and has ordered all recreational facilities shut down today by 12:00 pm. At this time, we are not aware when we will re-open, but we will continue to provide information when available. Check our website and social media channels for regular updates.
This decision is necessary to protect our members, program participants and staff members as we are very concerned about possible community spread of COVID-19. We are doing our part to minimize the risk to the community and province. Our hope is that we can return to regular operations following this temporary closure, pending additional guidance from public health authorities.
As part of our commitment to our members and program participants we will enact the following:
· All Alberta Tennis Centre Memberships will be extended
· All programs and court times this week will be credited to your member/participant accounts effective today.
· All Junior & Adult Programs will be temporarily postponed. They will resume once we are able to open.
· The Nike Tennis Camp (March Break) has been cancelled
Finally, I would like to reiterate a few key points:
1. Your best sources of updated and accurate information can be found by visiting:
2. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please take the AHS online-assessment tool which can be found at: or call Health Link (811) by phone.
If you need to get a hold of me, I will be available by email during our closure. As well, we will provide another once information is made available to us.
I want to thank you for your patience, and I wish you and your family good health. Please stay safe and adhere to the Government advisories.
Danny Da Costa
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre
Tel: (587) 393 1604
Cc: Board of Directors, OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre