MEMO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre COVID-19 Update – NEW INFORMATION
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Members & Program Participants
DATE: April 29, 2021
Dear Member & Program Participant,
Today the Premier of Alberta, Jason Kenney, announced further restrictions and has ordered all indoor fitness and sport activities to shut down effective tomorrow April 30th, for a minimum of 2 weeks.
Given the timing of today’s announcement, we will provide a further update tomorrow, April 30, by 1:30 pm with details on the status of our junior and adult programming during this two-week period.
The following programs will continue to operate as scheduled at the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre (Outdoor Courts)
|ADULT PROGRAMS||JUNIOR PROGRAMS|
|Adult programming will continue outdoors|
|NOTE: As the provincial government has just announced new restrictions, ATC will need time to evaluate the next two weeks regarding all Junior ATC programming. We will provide an update by 1:30 pm tomorrow, April 30.|
For Friday, April 30 & Saturday, May 1 the following programs will not be running:
- Red Ball
- Orange Ball
- Green Ball
- U9 Next Gen
- U10 Next Gen
Below is a summary of the restrictions announced today by the Government of Alberta and what activities are permitted/non-permitted for the next two weeks:
Indoor fitness – effective April 30
- All indoor fitness activities are prohibited. This includes:
- all group physical activities, such as team sports, fitness classes and training sessions
- all one-on-one lessons and training activities
- all practices, training and games
- Outdoor fitness activities may continue under province-wide restrictions currently in place, including individual or household one-on-one training with a trainer.
Indoor sport and recreation – effective April 30
- All youth and adult indoor group physical activities, including team sports and one-on-one training sessions, are prohibited.
- Outdoor sport and recreation activities may continue under province-wide restrictions currently in place:
- Outdoor team sports where two-metre distancing cannot be maintained at all times (such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, football, slow-pitch and road hockey) remain prohibited.
- Outdoor fitness training is allowed, as are physically distanced group fitness classes with a maximum of 10 participants.
- Outdoor group physical activity with different households must be limited to 10 people or fewer and two-metre distancing must be maintained at all times.
- All indoor recreation facilities must close.
- Outdoor recreation amenities can be open to public access unless specifically closed by public health order.
In addition to these additional measures, all other province-wide restrictions will remain in effect. Please review the current health measures in place.
Our OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Member Services team will be contacting our members and program participants tonight/tomorrow.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these challenging times.
DANNY DA COSTA
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre