MEMO: Club Update
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Members & Program Participants
Dear Member & Program Participant,
We would like to extend warm greetings to everyone, especially those of you who observe Passover and Easter celebrations. While Spring Break in Alberta is a time when families usually gather to celebrate, we kindly ask you to use caution in the coming days/weeks due to the rising cases of COVID in the province.
As a facility operator, we are concerned with the recent rise in COVID and variant cases in the province, and we are into the third wave. We want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to remain open at this time, but we need the help and support of our membership and program participants. This includes ensuring that we all take the necessary precautions when entering or using our facility.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
The safety of our staff, members and program participants is paramount to our success. While we are very grateful to have our facility reopened, our centre is not currently operating at full capacity. To date, as a result of our ongoing protocols, we have been COVID-free in our facility. We will maintain our wellness screening and safety protocols during the spring season to ensure we continue to mitigate virus transmission.
I am asking each of you to be mindful that while we are enjoying the reopening of the economy, we are still in an active pandemic and further cases could shut down businesses and the economy. We have a shared responsibility to keep our staff/members/program participants safe. Therefore, I am kindly asking the following:
- Reinforce physical distancing and public health measures with:
- Hand sanitization
- Maintaining 2-meters distance
- Wearing a mask in public places indoors (common areas including hallways, bathrooms/locker rooms) is a mandatory requirement
- Frequently washing your hands, and not touching your face
- If you (or family member) are sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to the tennis centre. The tennis centre will be here when you are healthy and can resume playing. We will not charge your court / service if you need to cancel due to illness.
- Please consider your social choices at this time, should they include higher risk activities like:
- Attending crowded fitness sessions/classes
- Attending parties or social gatherings
- Attending crowded restaurants
Strict adherence to our wellness protocols will ensure our collective safety. While I cannot tell you what to do on your personal time, I do want to reinforce that your personal decisions can impact our ability to remain open and help restart Alberta’s economy. We want our facility to remain COVID-free, so let’s all do our part to keep it that way.
Parents and players are requested not to congregate in the halls before and after sessions. Please exit the facility as soon as your activity is complete. Parents are also kindly asked to continue to drop-off/pick-up their children only, to ensure we can meet our capacity limits and keep people safe.
OTHER PANDEMIC UPDATES:
- Gym use is permitted effective April 6, 2021, but is limited to 4 people at any given time. You can reserve a gym time online (members only).
- Shower facilities are not available at this time.
- There should be no more than 5 people in the changing room areas at any time. Members are asked to arrive dressed. If you plan to use the locker room, please ensure you are wearing your face-covering at all times and maintain 2-meters physical distance.
SPRING ADULT & JUNIOR SESSIONS:
Due to the delay of Stage 3 of the Government of Alberta's reopening plan, we regret to inform you that we have not yet been allowed to resume adult tennis programs on both indoor and outdoor courts. We will continue to seek guidance from the Government of Alberta and hope to resume adult programs once we are permitted.
As the situation is fluid and restrictions may change, instead of cancelling the adult spring session programs all at once and needlessly restarting registration, we will credit all spring program participants week-by-week for the classes that must be postponed (a non-refundable credit will be deposited to your club account). Once allowed to do so, we will resume our adult classes at regularly scheduled times. Meanwhile, you are welcome to contact our coaches for private and semi-private lessons.
Please note that junior programs are NOT affected by the delay of Stage 3 of the reopening. If your child is in one of the spring junior programs, these will carry on as scheduled.
We will notify you of the resumption of the adult programs once guidance is received. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Weather permitting, we plan to open our outdoor courts on Monday, April 12th, 2021.
- Summer Play Pass is back and will go on sale on May 1st. Details will be released in the next few weeks.
- Summer Membership will be available for purchase effective May 1st.
- We will be offering summer adult and junior programming at the ATC. Registration will open Monday, May 3rd.
NIKE TENNIS CAMPS
We will be offering Nike Camps this summer for junior-aged players.
- NIKE Tennis Camp info on our website: http://albertatenniscentre.ca/programs-services/atc-summer-camps/
- Registration link: https://www.sportscampscanada.com/camps/nike-tennis-camp-at-alberta-tennis-centre
Due to the ongoing pandemic and restrictions in place, the Alberta Tennis Centre has deferred the Covered Court Project until the spring/summer of 2022. It is still our intention to cover our outdoor courts, but with the current uncertainty and delays in accessing information from our municipal and provincial partners, we have decided to take a prudent pause before embarking on our expansion efforts. More information will be made available to our membership in the coming months.
Thank you for your continued patience. As always, I will provide our membership and program participants with regular updates as they become available. Happy Easter everyone!
DANNY DA COSTA
Chief Executive Officer
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre