MEMO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre COVID-19 Update
FROM: Danny Da Costa, Chief Executive Officer
TO: OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre Members & Program Participants
RE: FURTHER UPDATE AND CLARIFICATION ON STAGE 1 GUIDANCE – ATC BOOKINGS OPEN
DATE: April 7, 2021
Dear Member & Program Participant,
I am writing to follow up on my memo from last night, April 6th, 2021.
We have sought further clarification from the Government and reviewed the Province’s broad-based guidelines. Based on our current interpretation of those guidelines, we have made the following changes to our permitted tennis activities effective tomorrow April 8, 2021.
Return to STEP 1 (April 8, 2021) – Tennis Activities PERMITTED:
- Private Lessons 1-on-1 (1 person with Alberta Tennis Centre certified coach only)
- Semi-Private Lessons with two members of the same household (with ATC certified coach only)
- All junior development and high-performance programs are permitted to continue with a maximum of 10 people (including coaches) per program
- Indoor - Singles with members of the same household
- Outdoors – Singles or doubles with members of any household
- Serve Practice (1-person per court only) with supervision ATC staff
- Use of Ball Machine (1-person per court) with supervision ATC staff
- Use of Play Sight with a Ball Machine or serve practice with a basket of balls (1-person per court only)
- Tennis Assessment (30 minutes) 1-on-1 (with ATC certified coach)
At this time, we will not permit indoor singles or doubles play with members of a different household as they do not presently align with the current restrictions.
We are interpreting these restrictions based on the following document sent to us by Tennis Alberta and SPAR, from AHS COVID-19 Guidance for Sports, Physical Guidance and Recreation (alberta.ca). We anticipate that the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services may update these guidelines at any time and we will respond accordingly.
We are still trying to get clarity from the Government agencies, specifically on how yesterday’s announcement will impact the sport of tennis. We will provide an update as information is communicated to us. Effective immediately we will commence bookings on the aforementioned activities for play commencing tomorrow April 8.
I will be in touch with you as soon as I have further clarification from Tennis Alberta and Alberta Health Services.
DANNY DA COSTA
Chief Executive Officer,
OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre